Friday, May 9, 2014

1964: When Madmen Ruled the Car Magazines

If you are a baby boomer such as I, the 1960's hold magical memories of growing up and in my particular case cars! At one of the many Estate Sales I have chanced to visit I found a November 1963 issue of Motor Trend Magazine which featured all of the new cars for the 1964 model year.

FRONT COVER

BACK COVER
Notice that it only lists American Car makers, including many that no longer exist! I find that the fascination for these old publications is in the Advertisements. The common theme is of course....PERFORMANCE!

PLYMOUTH...RIP!

OLDSMOBILE....RIP!

SHELBY COBRA....DAMN, I'D LOVE ONE OF THESE!

GIVE ME A 426 HEMI!

 
 

CLASSIC!

I'D LUV ME SOME 427 cu. in. V-8!

 

Next post, I'll scan the model  lineups and specifications. Makes for some entertaining reading......enjoy!

No comments: