Monday, August 13, 2018

Two Years and Counting.......

July 5th came and went without any great fanfare, but it was noted by me. Two years since I had my cancerous Prostate removed. I thought I should announce it on FB or somewhere, but I'm not looking for sympathy or a pat on the back. Since this all happened, a few of my biking acquaintances have or already had or were having their own Prostate cancer experience. One was around my age and had his removed as I did. His numbers didn't come back in the acceptable range so had to go through chemo and radiation. Numbers are now in the range it needs to be. Another fellow is 15 years older than me and did the radiation by itself. He is in his 70's and the surgery option just wasn't considered at his age. His cancer, while slowed down by the radiation, seemed to be progressing very slowly. He figured it was just the way it was going to be and wasn't too concerned. Hmmmm....

Overall, I must say I'm happy at the complete recovery I have made. It has taken more time than I expected for my sexual function to return, but it has returned without the need for the little blue pill. I will say, I've got a supply so will probably still take advantage of it's lasting effects......LOL. Continence issues? That control came back within the first year, but still requires mental awareness of the plumbing functions. One thing that most men don't know is that your bladder control is controlled by three different sets of muscles. The removal of the prostate takes 2 of the 3 away. You only have 1 set of muscles to control your bladder and sphincter. Kegels are your friend.




No comments: