Monday, April 8, 2013

Re-purposed GE Kitchen Cabinet

A while back I installed some of my 50's vintage metal GE cabinets in our basement. Still have half a kitchen of cabinets remaining. I hadn't had a chance to figure out where to put them. I came up with an idea after the one who must be obeyed kicked me out of the basement after I used some really strong cleaning solvent on one of my guns. I figure that I had just the right amount of space and the right configuration to assemble a work bench of sorts in the garage. I took two of the cabinets, joined them together and put a piece of  2' x 4' x 3/4" finished birch plywood on the top. Here's what it looks like now....


Next step is a thorough cleaning of the cabinet, installing a peg board back, and then applying a coat or two of poly-eurethane on the top work surface.  Stay tuned.....

No comments: