Sunday, April 14, 2013

Completed Workbench

Previously I had posted about re-purposing a set of 50's vintage GE steel kitchen cabinets into a workbench in my garage. At that point, I had joined two lower cabinets together and attached a nice piece of birch plywood to the top. I now applied a couple coats of polyurethane to the birch plywood, and then took a piece of pegboard that was in one of the other cabinets, painted it and mounted it to the back. Here's a look.....keep in mind that 90% of the tools and kitsch on that wall is from Estate Sales. Maybe I should call this the dead man's workbench. Total cost came to about $40 if I factor in the cost of the cabinet ($12), the plywood ($15), and the pegboard tool holders ($13).


Still have three more cabinets to find  homes for. Somewhere a wall is screaming for storage.....