Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Estate Sales & New Furniture

The wife (AKA the one that must be obeyed) and I went to a great Estate Sale this past weekend. She spotted some great furniture, which we subsequently bought (see below)....


Very comfortable and very Mid-Century Modern. Our younger son insists that one is going into his room.....LOL. We also bought a companion 2 person couch with turquoise cushions. Anyone need some blue barrel chairs? Also, at the sale we met a like minded fellow AKA Uncle Atom who shares many of our tastes and has prompted me to share a smattering of our MCM decor, see below.....





As you can see, plenty of glass and the dining room furniture in case you don't recognize it is Heywood Wakefield.

7 comments:

Uncle Atom said...

Mmmmm, I like it all. I really want to find some Heywake.

gearhead1960 said...

The wife is making noise about getting rid of the hutch....

Eartha Kitsch said...

"the one who must be obeyed" - ha! Can't wait to read more of your blog. Oh, and that hutch is sweet. Maybe disobey just this *once*. : )

Dana@Mid2Mod said...

Welcome to the blogosphere! It's great to meet another mid-century lover. I'm now a follower and will stop by regularly.

gearhead1960 said...

Thanks! Hope to keep everyone entertained.

Jeanne said...

Looking forward to reading more! Wives always must be obeyed. ;-) I "twisted" over from Uncle Atom's site. I have that exact hammered metal ice bucket that I spy on your Heywake buffet.

gearhead1960 said...

Thanks! That ice bucket is very cool (in more than one way...). Have other items to post when I get the time....